Proverbs 16:3 (NIV Bible)-“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.”In order to do this, we must first look at what we’re doing and make sure it lines up with the Bible and/or the laws of God. In other words, if we commit our drug selling business or our career choice of prostitution, for example, to the Lord, he will not help you to succeed in these, because they are sins and go against what the Bible says. In Proverbs 16:9 (NIV Bible), it says, “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”The Lord makes many promises in the Bible, but he also gave us a free will to decide which way we will go. This decision is yours to make, but remember you also will reap what you sow.
11. Always make a list of what you need to get and where to get the best deal on it and use it!
12. Look for sales, like BuyOneGetOne50% (B1G150%) or BuyOneGetOneFree (B1G1Free) or buy this item and get this other item Free, Buy 5 or 10 of these particular items and save $5 or whatever the store states.
13. Set your savings goal, after doing all the above and do your best to reach it or even exceed it! On average, I save between 30-75% off with all of these tips above. Don’t be hard on yourself if you only save a smaller amount, remember it takes practice, you will get better at it, if you stick with it!
14. If you have a smart phone or you carry your tablet or other device, you can get apps that help you to save time and money and be organized. These are the ones I use: shoppinglist (it’s a Free App and it’s simple and easy to use, it allows you to make a list for each store or section of the store, as well as adding back an item, if you make a mistake of deleting it.) SavingStar ( a Free App that offers a FREE healthy offer of the week, as well as savings to sign up for and you get the money instead of saving at the register and you can transfer the money to Paypal, etc.) Kroger (this Free App has the weekly ad, ecoupons you can add to your ShopperSavings card and more), CVS (a Free App that has their weekly ad, a way to scan your prescriptions and ways to check your shopping savings card info. and more) Walgreens (a Free App that does the same as the CVS app) and SouthernSavers (this is a Free App and website that allows you to see the upcoming coupons in your local newspaper, a listing of special savings and deals, as well as online coupons from lots of stores (not just grocery stores) and has a large coupon database, so you can search for a particular coupon you’re looking for.)
15. Look at the deals for your local area, for the current and upcoming week, to see where the best deals are, before you decide to shop.
16. Shop at your local pharmacies, like CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, etc. for grocery items like cereal, soda, snacks, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. You can usually get some of the best prices by using your shopper savings card and store coupons and manufacturer coupons. I just saved $30, for example at CVS, recently!
17. All the different stores have their own policies, coupons, special sales, etc. Learn what they are, to utilize the best savings you can get!
18. Buy produce that is in season, you always get the best prices on them during their season.
19. Plan your weekly menu, according to what’s on sale. (Example: if pork chops and chicken if the meat that’s on sale, make recipes that include these.)
20. Have a plan and list before you shop and if you can help it, don’t shop for groceries on an empty stomach!
Hopefully, these tips were helpful to you. These tips are the ones that I use to save the most money! Happy Savings!
In Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV Bible), Jesus said, “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”
We don’t think much about light in our modern-day of technology. We just flip the switch on and `Voila`!, we have light! We have our cell phones, that are almost always available and they give us light, internet, tv, music, etc. What would happen if all of a sudden an EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) happened and our country went out, literally? Total darkness would be our constant companion!
The definition of darkness, taken from freedictionary.com: the state or quality of being dark, absence or deficiency of light, wickedness or evil, obscurity; concealment, lack of sight; blindness. If you’ve ever been in total darkness, you know how this feels. I would describe it, as a feeling of hopelessness, nothingness, urgency to find light; a scary, helpless feeling. The definition of light, taken from freedictionary.com: the illumination derived from a source of light, daylight, a state of awareness or understanding, spiritual awareness. There are very few times, when we’re in complete darkness, but try to go into a dark room, made for developing pictures or one night, turn off all your lights, including any little lights and block out any outside light, as well. Then, just sit in complete darkness and afterwards, write down how you felt and please share it in the comments.